15/01/2021 by WHERES MY SPOON
- 1,2 kg/ 2.6 lbs boneless pork loin
- 60 ml/ 2 fl.oz/ ¼ cup double/heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds in a hot non-stick pan for about 2 minutes or until they begin to pop, shaking the pan very often and taking care that they don't burn. Transfer to a plate immediately.
- Pound the black peppercorns in a mortar and pestle until coarse. Add the roasted seeds and pound again. Add the red chili flakes and the salt and pound shortly.
- Dry the meat with kitchen towels. Place it in a large bowl and pour the cream on top. Rub the pork loin all over.
- Spread the spices on a large cutting board or plate. Turn the meat in the rub on all sides, the first side you turn into the rub will have more spices clinging to it.
- Place the pork, this side up, in a lightly oiled roasting pan and roast for 50 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 60 degrees Celsius/ 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Don't overcook or the pork will be dry.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, the internal temperature will increase slightly during this time, reaching about 62 degrees Celsius/145 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the recommended internal temperature for juicy pork.
Category: Recipes Author: WHERES MY SPOON