- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen raspberries
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar (or as needed)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) package chicken tenders (tenderloin)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon (or 1 per tender)
- SAUCE: Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often until soft, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes or until thickened and reduced by 1/3. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Puree in a food processor or blender.
- Strain through a sieve, pressing on solids to extract as much sauce as possible. Serve sauce with chicken tenders.
- TENDERS: Season chicken tenders with salt and black pepper. (You may wish to lighten up on the salt as the bacon is salty.)
- Wrap a bacon slice around each chicken tender.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken tenders in the pan with the end of the bacon strip down. (This will help "seal" the bacon onto the chicken.)
- Brown the chicken well on all sides until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees.