- lean topside or silverside joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 45ml/ 3 tablespoons clear honey
- 75ml. 5 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5/ 180-190ºC/ 350-375ºF
- In a small bowl mix together the honey and mustard. Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over it's surface. Season and run in the mixture over the surface of the joint and into the slits.
- Place the joint on a metal rack in a large tin and open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any rich meat juices.
- Serve hot with all the trimmings or cold in sandwiches or wraps.
Rare: 20 minutes per 450g/ 1lb plus 20 minutes
Medium: 24 minutes per 450g/ 1lb plus 25 minutes
Well done: 10 minutes per 450g/ 1lb plus 30 minutes