Masala Mince Steak (Aromatic Curry)
- 1lb/ 450grm mince steak
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 piece 2.5cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ,milled black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garam malsala
- 2 handfuls of freshly chopped coriander
- Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and cook the mince, onions, garlic and coriander for 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, chillies, seasoning, garam malsala and half the coriander.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with the remaining coriander and serve with plain basmati rice, poppadums and a cucumber raita, or a selection of relishes.