Recipe for 2 x 8oz steaks
- 2 x 8oz Rib Eye Steaks
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 3 thick slices bacon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces small mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
1. Heat the grill using to 200. Season the steaks on both sides with steak seasoning.
2. While the grill heats up, fry the bacon in a frying pan over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Leave grease in the pan.
3. Put the steaks under the grill. Cook for 12 minutes, turning once, or to your desired degree of doneness.
4. While the steaks are cooking, stir the butter, Worcestershire sauce and mustard into the bacon grease. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until butter has melted. Add the red bell pepper and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender.
5. To serve, place steaks onto plates. Top with bacon, then blue cheese and then the vegetables. Serve immediately.