Rump Steak with onion sauce
- 4X 8oz- 10oz Rump steaks
- Unsalted butter or oil to fry
- 1oz/25grm unsalted butter
- 6 shallots peeled and finely chopped
- 100ml/ 4fl oz white wine
- 250ml/ 4fl oz chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or tarragon chopped
- Place large fry pan on high heat and add butter or oil. When butter is foaming and gives off a nutty aroma add seasoned steaks to the pan.
- Flip the steaks every 15/30 seconds until done to your liking.
- When cooked remove the steaks and set aside.
- Meanwhile to make the sauce turn the heat to medium, pour the excess butter into the pan and return to the heat add half the butter and shallots cook for 5 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the wine and reduce it by ¾. Add stock and reduce again to a sauce consistency.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the mustard once thoroughly mixed stir in the rest of the butter until emulsified.
- Add the chopped herbs, and pour over you steaks.